Monday, February 13, 2017

A Poem for Train Platforms

This poem was found taped to the bottom of a train schedule, and was titled: "For all those standing on train platforms." I believe that the writer was having the first good day he/she/it in a long time.


The storm clouds are tall and black-
I should know, I made them.
lightning snaps like aircraft flakk,
but I close my eyes and ignore them.

Demon faces; all my fears
take shape in the clouds around me.
Though they howl into my ears,
I know I will keep flying. 

The darkness is all that I can feel,
And hope a thing I cannot find,
But I'm your little bird, my God.
And I'll fly blind.

All that seems real is this mountain of steel,
crushing all hope and joy from my mind,
but I'll be your little bird, God.
and I'll fly blind.

I cannot feel your palms cupping around me,
nor your spirit walking before me,
Nor your power, flowing through me.
So I will disregard my 'reality'
and fly,
eyes closed,
a little bird,
in a fake storm,
blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment